I can support you throughout your labour and the birth of your baby.
Offering support alongside any other birth partners and your healthcare providers.
Birth support can packages include antenatal birth preparation, getting to know each other sessions, on call support for 4 weeks around your estimated due date, support through labour and the birth of your baby and postnatal support.
Birth support is available for all births. I will be there to provide emotional, practical and evidence based informational support for you.
I can also offer online birth preparation and labour support if this is something you would prefer.
Why hire a doula?
There is evidence to show that having a doula can mean:
- Reduced risk of Caesarean birth † *.
- Reduced risk of instrumental birth † *.
- Reduced need for painkillers or epidural during birth † *.
- Reduced rate of induction of labour † *.
- Shorter labour †.
- Increased parental satisfaction with the birth experience. †
- Increased likelihood of initiating breastfeeding *.
- Increased likelihood of successfully establishing breastfeeding & breastfeeding at 6 weeks *.
- Lower incidence of depressive symptomatology †.
- Improve equity and provide culturally responsive care#.
How much does birth support cost?
Birth support packages start from £500.
I also work with Kat of Mama Magic who supports me as a back up for on call periods, and as a partner, we combine our skills and support to work our Doula Magic together.
* Brigstocke S. MIDIRS Midwifery Digest, vol 24, no 2, 2014, pp 157-160
#Meghan A Bohren and Sarah Chapman Cochrane review
† Hodnett ED, Gates S, Hofmeyr G, Sakala C. Continuous support for women during childbirth. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2013, Issue 7. Art. No.: CD003766. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD003766.pub5 and Bohren MA, Hofmeyr GJ, Sakala C, Fukuzawa RK, Cuthbert A. Continuous support for women during childbirth. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2017, Issue 7. Art. No.: CD003766. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD003766.pub6.