Baby masage is a great way to spend time with your baby and build your relationship, positive loving touch boosts oxytocin and supports your baby’s physical, neurological and emotional delevopment.
What are the benefits of baby massage?
- Baby massage can relax your baby, reducing tension and fussiness.
- Releases oxytocin and endorphins, which enhances relationships and boosts mood for baby and parent.
- Touch conveys nurturing and love, the essential ingredients for emotional and physical growth and well-being.
- Reduces the incidence of postnatal depression in mums.
- Supports physical and neurological development.
- Studies have shown increased weight gain, and immune function.
- Promotes communication and language development.
- Parents become more aware of baby’s nonverbal cues.
- Can help some babies sleep more soundly. As your baby learns to relax and release stress, sounder and longer stretches of sleep may be seen.
- Can offer some releif from the symptoms of wind, colic and constipation.
What do I offer?
- One to one sessions – fill out the contact form to enquire about one to one session or course
- Groups sessions – info on upcoming courses can be found HERE.
- Dads sessions -0 coming soon, weekend sessions for dads at a central venue
From April this year I will be offering a variety of sesions and courses in baby massage. To stay up to date with what group and community sessions I have running please take a look at the events on my facebook page or get in touch.
For all other enquiries use the form below to get in touch, alternatively email me on D@DoulaD.co.uk or call on 07854535555
Baby massage research links
Olive and sunflower oil on baby skin weakens natural defences – University of Manchester